PRADHAN MANTRI AWAAS YOJANA – GRAMIN (PMAY -G)
Aim and Objective
PMAY-G aims to provide a pucca house with basic amenities to all houseless households and households living in kutcha and dilapidated house in rural areas (“Housing for All”) by 2022.
Key Features of PMAY-G
- Identification and selection of beneficiaries, based on the housing deficiency and other social deprivation parameters in SECC-2011 data, and verified by Gram Sabhas.
- The minimum house site now enhanced from 20 sq.m (under IAY) to 25 sq.m including a dedicated area for hygienic cooking
- Unit assistance is Rs.1.20 Lakhs + Rs.50,000/- for RCC Roofing by State Government.
- Stage-wise payment to the beneficiaries is being made through PFMS platform to their bank accounts directly
- Provision of assistance Rs.12,000/- for toilets through convergence with MGNREGS funding. Provision of 90 person-days of un-skilled labour wage under MGNREGA for construction of house, over and above the unit assistance.
- Unit Cost for 2013-14 is Rs.2.1 Lakhs (Rs. 1.8 Lakhs for Construction of Houses + Rs.0.30 Lakhs for Solor Power Lights)
- Proposed Area of Construction 300 Sq. Feets. (Every house will have a Living Room, Bed Room, Kitchen, Toilet and Veranda apart from Rain Water Harvesting)
- People only with pattas for their houses will be eligible under this scheme.
- Each House will be provided with 5 Solar Powered Lights executed by Tamilnadu Energy Development Agency (TEDA).
- Every beneficiary will also have the option of Electricity Connection powered by TNEB which will be metered.
Eligibility of Beneficiary
The beneficiary should
- reside within the Village Panchayat
- find a place in the BPL Permanent wait List of the Village Panchayat.
- own a site of not less than 300 Sq. Ft. area.
- have clear patta for the site / house in the name of the head of the family and other member of the household.
Priority of Beneficiary
- Differently abled persons
- Destitute Widows & deserted woman
- Woman headed families
- household having a mentally challenged
- victims of natural calamities such as fire, flood etc.,
- HIV/AIDS/TB affected persons who are certified by the DD (Health)